Oct 25, 2011

Conflicted


Publisher: Valknut Press
Publish Date: already out
Version: e-book (Thank you Julia Crane!!)
Series: Keegan’s Chronicles


Keegan is an elf.  Elves meet their mate, called “chosen,” when they turn 18.  Ever since Keegan was brought back to life by black magic, her bond to her chosen has been broken.  This is very disturbing to Rourk, who has patiently waited for Keegan to turn 18, so they can begin their life together.  Because of Keegan’s brother, Thaddeus and his gift, she knew who her chosen was and they actually met before they were supposed to.  This was all before the Great War between the light and dark elves.

During that war, Keegan found out that many of her friends are magical creatures.  She corners her two best friends, Anna and Lauren at school and asks them about it.  When Donald, a tiger, finds out that her bond to her chosen is broken, he is happy because he has always liked Keegan.  He asks her out and they begin a relationship as he now stands a chance and doesn’t have to worry about her choosing someone else when she turns 18.   This does not make Rourk happy.  He leaves to join the army to give Keegan time to adjust before her 18th birthday.

Anna has always been jealous of elves and that they find their soul mate so easily.  She feels terrible that Keegan’s bond to her chosen has been broken.  The fact that it was her mother who performed the black magic that made this happen makes it even worse.  She is sure that there is something she can do as a witch to reverse this.  While Keegan and Donald get closer and Rourk endures basic training in the Army, Anna is busy searching for something she can do to help Keegan regain her bond.

Again, Crane has surpassed my expectations in her writing.  I must say that I love the Keegan’s Chronicles.  I started to read this book with the intention of just reading a little before I went to bed.  I should’ve known better as I couldn’t go to sleep until I finished the book.  I love the characters in this series and cannot wait for the next book in this series to come out.

In the Elfin world, magic and destiny determine who will be together. "Chosen" pairs are fated to meet at the age of 18.

Keegan, however, is an anomaly. Having fallen in the battle between the Light and the Dark, she is only alive now due to Black Magic, and her bond with her Chosen is broken. She cannot remember Rourk at all.

For the first time, she feels like a normal teenager. She is dating Donald, her long-time crush, and everything seems perfect. But Rourk still feels their bond, and despairs for the woman he was always meant to love.

Keegan’s best friend Anna is determined to find a way to use her powers to return Keegan’s bond, no matter what it takes. The question is does Keegan even want it?

The notion that elves meet their chosen mate when they turn 18.  Also that the bond felt between them is so strong.

Rourk.  Even though it makes him miserable, he makes choices that are good for Keegan.  Her gives her the time and space she needs to enjoy her senior year of high school.  I have always liked his character also.  He is a good elf who would be a good mate to anyone.

How loyal Anna and Lauren are to Keegan.  They want her to be happy throughout all of this.

Thaddeus.  I have said before how I like his character.  He is a good little brother who has a lot of stress and responsibility on his shoulders.  I will definitely have to read his story.   This book reminded me of how much I like him.

Calvron and his world.  I’m not going to say any more on him because I don’t want to spoil it for you.

Donald.  He is the underdog in this story.

The fact that Keegan lost her bond to Rourk and he is miserable because of it.  Rourk deserves to be happy.

How Keegan gets over losing her bond so quickly as if it didn’t matter.  I sometimes forget the ages of characters until they do something that will remind me that yes, she is only 17.


3 comments:

  1. You made my day! Thank you for taking your time to read and review Conflicted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book. I want to know how Keegan and Donald have a relationship if she is an elf and he's a tiger!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a were-tiger. It is an interesting series Lan. Well worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my reviews. Please leave a link to let me know who you are!