Feb 20, 2012

In My Mailbox and Updates

I like it when I read other blogs and find new ideas.  I was reading The Write Obsession and Lan did a post called Monday Updates that I liked, so I decided to make my mailbox and updates into one post.  It seems like I haven't done a lot of stuff with the blog recently, so I thought I should post what I have been up to.  First, though, in my mailbox this week:

If I Die by Rachel Vincent
Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
I must say that the Blood Bound book is the smallest book that I have seen in awhile.  The above photo doesn't do it justice.

 Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate
I received this book from the publisher in a contest that I won.  I already have this book in hardcover.  That can only mean one thing:  Giveaway!!


Updates
  • I have been reading and reviewing a lot of books for upcoming tours.  When I review books for tours, my posts are set on a specific date, so that is why I haven't posted many reviews recently.  Also, some publishers specify how soon before a release that you can post your review.  Ideally, they want it as close to the release date as possible to gain the most publicity for the book.
  • I have received a few review copies of books in the mail that are not the first in the series.  I am one who likes to read a series from the beginning to really understand the story line.  So, I've had to buy a few books and read them so I can read the review copies. 
  • I've been selected to participate in the World Book Night.  If you don't know what that is, you can go here and it will give you all the details.  Basically, you hand out a specific number of books to people.  The books are donated and you don't have to pay anything...well, maybe gas to go and pick up your books.  Anyway, I don't know what books I am getting yet.  I had to choose my top three.  I think it is neat that those chose April 23 in honor of the anniversaries of both Cervantes' and Shakespeare's deaths.

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful that you get to do world book night! I wanted to participate, but got confused and thought I would have to buy all the books which I couldnt afford, it was too late wehn I figured out how it worked! but yay for you! also the frost books look so good! can't wait till i can get my hands on them! Happy reading!

    here is my mailbox if you want to drop by :) http://thepassionatebookworm.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox_19.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my reviews. Please leave a link to let me know who you are!