Mar 15, 2012

Guest Post: The Hunger Games

"I was killed in the 63rd Hunger Games by being stung by a swarm of tracker jackers."

"I was killed by thinking it was okay to stroke a snake."


Tracker jackers?  Stroking snakes?  What in the world's going on?


When tweets like these appeared in my twitter stream, my eyebrows nearly reached my hairline.


Thankfully, a couple of twitter friends introduced me to a sweet new site; HungerNames.com


For fans of The Hunger Games, it gives readers an identity in the THG world.  The minute you visit the URL, you're treated to your own Hunger Games name, the year you participated, and your fate.


This is what I received:


After an initial name is given, readers can click for more names/fates by clicking "Change your name."


That's all there is to it. It's a simple idea, and the fates range from silly to serious.


I'm curious if the site spits out any winners of a Hunger Game.  I clicked several times but didn't get one.  Apparently, I am doomed to die.


HungerNames.com is a fantastic site for fans of The Hunger Games to amuse themselves for a minute or two.


Hopefully you end up with a cooler name than Toodles Pickerdod.  I mean, Toodles?  Really?



This post brought to you by:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to guest post! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my reviews. Please leave a link to let me know who you are!