Jul 6, 2011

Anasazi

Emma Michaels
“Last time I checked, bub,” Megan snapped back at him, anger rolling out of her in waves.  “It is your job to make sure things are safe around here.  You want a roast?  I’ll bring the marshmallows – you bring the wiener.”

Megan gets texts from David inviting her to come out to the desert to visit him for a week.  Megan arrives and cannot find David anywhere.  In the texts, there were pictures which serve as clues as to David’s whereabouts.  Things start to happen that suggest to Megan that some people of the desert town that David was doing archeological research in, do not want her there poking around trying to find him.  The depths of their friendship are tried by what Megan has to go through to discover what is really happening.
“Alright, I have just one question,” Megan remarked, a glare forming.  “Which one of you old geezers put this on my chest?”
 Goodreads synopsis:

One year ago, something happened to David. Following the only clue he had he headed out into the desert. Now he has asked me to come see him. But when I arrived, he was gone. The people in town claim they have never heard of him and everyone wants me to leave.

But I know he was here and he is in trouble.
He can't survive out there for long.

Can he?

David. I will find you.


I liked the fact that this book had some history and is educational as well as has a good story line.  It keeps you interested trying to figure out what is happening.  This book makes you want to learn more about the Hopi and Navajo Indians and their cultures.  Well worth the time spent reading it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised that there aren't more books on the same topic. Megan sounds like a bit of a fighter. I like her already!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my reviews. Please leave a link to let me know who you are!