Jul 4, 2011

Frost

Wendy Delsol
Food had never tasted so sweet, despite the fact that there were definitely crunchy bits of unknown origin sticking to my teeth.

This once again tells the story of Jack and Kat.  Bridget arrives to study the climate changes in Minnesota along with Kat’s mother’s boyfriend, Stanley.  Kat with her high school responsibilities and Jack with his duties with the study, there is little time to work on their relationship and it eventually becomes strained.  Kat and Jack end up taking separate trips overseas where they both have different and exciting adventures.

I rolled into the water with all the grace of a fat lady struggling into her Spanx.

Goodreads synopsis:


After the drama of discovering that she’s a member of the Storks, a mystical order of women endowed with powerful abilities, Katla Leblanc is finally settling into her life in chilly Minnesota. In fact, the ex-California girl even hopes for a white Christmas. But Katla’s wintry wish unexpectedly turns into the snowstorm of the century, drawing the attention of Brigid, a gorgeous environmental researcher with an amazing array of fur coats and an unusual interest in Katla’s boyfriend, Jack.

Inspired by Norse mythology and Hans Christian Andersen’s THE SNOW QUEEN.

There were exceptions, obviously, and I made a mental note to stay clear of the old eyeballing bootie-police.  Coworkers, I decided, were like bullets, best when left blank.

In this sequel to Stork, Delsol, once again tests their bond.  This book challenges you to keep abreast of all that is happening.  It has a good balance of mystery, romance and supernatural to keep you attentive to the plot.  It is possible, at times, to feel overwhelmed with the different cultures and folklore described.  Overall, it is an interesting read.  Having read Stork and Frost within a week, I would recommend this series.  It is something different than your usual vampire/werewolf/fairie supernatural tale

The gist of my message was Where are you??? E-mail me back!!! I can’t breathe.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my reviews. Please leave a link to let me know who you are!