Sep 17, 2011

Author Interview: Farley Katz

Farley Katz, author of Journal of a Schoolyard Bully, has answered some questions that my guest reviewers and I had for him.

Is it hard to transition your comics/drawings between the different genres or age groups? 

I draw a bit differently for every project I work on. For this book, I just tried to remember the kinds of cartoons and drawings I did back in middle school and get into that mode.
Do you base your characters off of real people?

Though all the characters are fictional, the bully does borrow a couple of "pranks" that various real life bullies did to me over the years.


Favorite color

red

Favorite holiday/season

spring/spring break

Word that best describes you and why

"Farley." Because it's my name.

Optimist or pessimist

yes

Favorite author/book/series

Too many great ones to pick just one.

Favorite food/drink

Hot sauce. I require it for most meals.

Favorite place to read/write/draw

Near a window where I can watch for enemies.


 
My guest reviewers came up with two questions:


Where did you learn how to draw?

I started by practicing drawing cartoons from comics books and animated shows that made me laugh. Then I drew my own.

Where do you get your ideas from?

spooky voice: "From inside of my brain!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my reviews. Please leave a link to let me know who you are!